Sunday, February 23, 2014

IT'S A BOY

2/17/14
Since our last blog post, ALMOST HOME, we received a call shortly after (a mere hour or so) I posted our online giving campaign to our friends and family for fundraising help. Our social worker said that our baby boy was born on Valentine’s Day. Oh my heart! He’s here! In that second, I felt my love for him.

I had so many things bombarding my brain, I couldn't think. I didn't know what to ask, what to say. I just listened as she told me that he was doing well and that Monday or Tuesday the sending state agent would go to the hospital to have the mother relinquish her birth rights. I don’t think I will ever be able to understand the birth mothers thoughts and fears that lead up to signing on the line. Will she every hear about her baby’s growth, how he’s doing, maybe a chance to meet him in the future? I prayed for her for a long time that day. Will she overcome guilt and be filled with joy for the selflessness she is enduring to have another family provide a loving and welcoming home for her baby? The birth mom relinquished her rights on Monday afternoon. Baby boy A is ours! Not technically, but the rights are turned over to the adoption agency until he is released from the hospital, at which point we will fly to take placement.

2/22/14
Yesterday was a hard day. Baby A turned a week old and we weren't there to say I love you, way to go, you've come a long way. We can’t hold him, love on him, kiss him and tell him that everything is going to be okay. I prayed and I cried. Lord, help him grow; give him strength so we may travel sooner than later. I want to hold my baby boy. I want to be the one to feed him, change him, give him all that he needs. Lord, please whisper in his ear that mommy and daddy are coming to get you. Give him comfort that he is loved by you and by us.

The closer we are to travel, the harder it is to sit by and wait for the phone call, text or email. I am a slave to my phone. It goes everywhere with me. It dings and I jump! If I didn't own a mobile phone, I think I would have to quit my job and stay home all day waiting for the phone to ring. You’d think I was going crazy, but no, we’re just adopting.We can’t waste a minute after finding out that we need to travel. We will only get one or two days notice as to when they will release our baby from the hospital.

Here are a few updates that we received, it’s not much, but updates make me feel so much closer to him. He’s taking formula from a bottle rather than a feeding tube. There has been no indication that he is on oxygen, which I can only assume then he does not need it. Other than that, he is doing well. That’s all we get. We grasp to the knowledge that he is well.

We continue to pray for his health and his growth so he can be release. I know with preemies they need to be in the NICU, they need to meet certain milestones to be considered for release.

MOVING FORWARD

We are amazed by all of our friends and family who have given to our GIVE 5 SHARE 5 fundraiser. Thank you, thank you, thank you for everyone who has given and for those who have shared our story with others. It’s humbling to ask friends and family to give. But you have blown us away and have given well over our ask of just $5 each. We have raised $3,200 so far! Praise God for his provision.

Please prayerfully consider giving to our adoption fund to BRING BABY "A" HOME. A lot or a little, it all matters. Our goal is $20,000 to raise. We've saved $11,000 to reach our $30,000 placement fee.

If you feel moved to give, please visit https://www.adopttogether.org/thewills-give5

There you can read our story and watch our videos. We hope to continue updating with more videos when we are able.

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!

Philippians 4:4

No comments:

Post a Comment